Gamers and gadget hounds can now enjoy the anticipated Oculus Rift virtual-reality headset. Last week at CES in Las Vegas Facebook-owned Company announced the commercial release of its virtual-reality device. Oculus Rift virtual-reality headset costs 600 U.S dollars and it may seem to be a bit expensive for the gaming device. This technology has come a long way since the company launched its first campaign in the year 2012. In order to train the people and to provide a new way to experience things Virtual-reality (VR) headsets are now being used in many industries.
Uses of Oculus Rift virtual-reality headset in different industries:
- Entertainment: Beyond gaming you can virtual-reality technology for various entertainment purposes. In theater, everyone can enjoy the 3D movies but with apps like Oculus Cinema, users can enjoy the movie experiences and feel they were inside the theatre surrounded by the sound and imagery effects. For the sports lover virtual-reality platform company LiveLike VR has built avirtual stadium so that you can enjoy watching the sport with your family and friends by simply sitting on your couch.
- Space: Scientists of NASA are using this technology to control the robots on MARS planet and provide astronauts with a way to control stress. In NASA, jet propulsion laboratory scientists connected this device with a motion sensing equipment from the Xbox One game console and Kinect 2 sensor to control the arms of the robot with the control gesture.
- Automotive Manufacturing: Virtual-reality devices also find use in automotive manufacturing. Recently Ford Motor Company has made the virtual reality central to its automotive development. The company is using this device to inspect the interior and exterior of a car before it is manufactured.
- Education: The automotive industry is not only using this device for design purposes but also using this device for education purpose. In order to educate teenagers and parents about distracted driving, Toyota Company is using this virtual-reality headset as a part of its TeenDrive365 campaign.
- Courtrooms: It is so difficult for a jury to evaluate the crime scenes by looking at 2D photographs. So this device is helpful to evaluate the crime by providing 3D photographs.
- Meditation and Mental Health: As we all know that meditation can reduce the stress and tensions. With the help of Guided Meditation VR program, users can calm and peace environment by putting on their Oculus headset.
- Military:S military used this device to train the solders for war. Games like Unity 3D and Virtual Battlespace 2 used to prepare the soldiers for combat.
- Shopping: They are so many online websites for shopping. With the help of virtual-reality device user can enjoy the shopping and this device will make the user to fell as they were in a traditional shopping mall.
- Healthcare: Virtual-reality devices also find use in the health industry. These devices are used to provide computer-generated images which will be helpful for diagnosis and treatment.
- Museums: Virtual reality could add a lot of culture to our lives. This technology could instantly transport the users to the Acropolis in Athens, the Louvre in Paris, the Guggenheim in New York City, all in one day.